BSc MB ChB MD FRACS FACS
Professor John Windsor is a trained general surgeon who has had further fellowship training in hepato-biliary and pancreatic, gastro-oesophageal and laparoscopic surgery.
At Mercy Hospital he undertakes the same spectrum of surgery. The most commonly performed operations are laparoscopic cholecystectomy (for gallstones), various hernia repairs, laparoscopic fundoplication (for hiatus hernia and reflux disease) and myotomy (for achalasia), laparoscopic splenectomy, pancreatic resections (for cancer) and decompression (chronic pancreatitis), and resection of stomach and oesophagus (for cancer).
- Fellow of the Royal Society of New Zealand (2014)
- Editorial Board, JAMA Surgery
- International Advisory Board, Gray’s Anatomy
- Gold Medal for Outstanding Service, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- The Panir Chelvam Memorial Lecturer, Malaysian Society of Gastroenterology and Hepatology